September 23, 2008

Democracy or Socialism

Kenneth D. Ericksen
Sept. 23, 2008

This election has been said to be a referendum on Obama. But because of the economic problems the truth is fully exposed. This election is a referendum on Democracy vs. Socialism. (I know we are a representative republic but for marketing to the American people I use the word Democracy.) It can’t be hammered home enough. What is so hard about words like “Free” and “Illegal”? We can be for Immigration just not ILLEGAL immigration.

I saw Obama over the weekend say something to the effect that McCain “…wanted to trust the FREE Market System to fix our current economic problem.” The implication is that government should be in control (i.e. Socialism). McCain needs to give us some hard “Straight Talk” on Friday night in the debate and call Obama out on his pure Socialistic views. Let the American people decided between Democracy and Socialism. We must get the truth out.

It reminds me of a certain central European country in early 1930’s when the people accepted government control and soon a dictator because of economic hard times. That took a world wide effort to fix in the 1940’s (i.e. WWII)

The Key Word is FREE. Like the genie in Disney’s “Aladdin” What is having “phenomenal cosmic powers” without having Freedom? Our nation has survived more than one economic depression (1780, 1819 & 1929) and many economic turn downs. But we cannot afford to turn this free Representative Republic into a Socialist type government. We have been heading down that path slowly for the past 80 years. Now Obama wants us to jump in all the way. We cannot afford to do so. We must not panic and let crises management take affect. It never works. In our past depressions great things came out of them:

1780’s helped lead to the US Constitution.
1819’s brought western expansion. (towards the Mississippi River)
1929’s gave us the “New Deal”. (Well maybe not all good things)
What will 2008 lead too? (If 2008 is really a depression)

I PRAY THE AMERICAN PEOPLE CAN SEE THROUGH THE SMOKE AND MIRRORS AND VOTE FOR FREEDOM AND NOT SOCIALISM.

Even if McCain was the same as the last 16 years it would be better than Obama and Socialism.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew I liked you!
Right on!
I feel as passionately as you do about this election. I wish more people would wake up and realize what is at stake this election.
Diane White